Friday, June 04, 2010

Italy, Day 8: Tuscany

After breakfast in a detached sunroom at the inn, we took a suggestion from Heidi to drive up the mountain to another village. I believe we were at around 350 meters and drove up to a town about 1000 meters elevation. It was a very winding drive up and around hairpin curves. Made one of my passengers a little carsick, hopefully not from my driving! It took an hour or two to drive up there. Can you tell this is where my note taking stopped? Hopefully Jennifer will provide the name of the town in the comments below.



Finally, a really pretty sunny day! The town had a little stream running through the middle.

We parked the car and went to wander around. There was a little flea market going on, but most of the shops seemed to be closed, maybe just for the middle of the day. We had a hard time finding a place to have a lunch. We peeked in a couple of places, but they seemed to be just selling gelato or snacks and no tables. We found an empty restaurant where the owner was engrossed in a car race on TV (Formula One?), but was happy enough to let us come in and order. I think we shared some grilled vegetables, caprese salad, something else?






Not too much to say, it was a nice relaxing day. It was Mother's day in the US, but not in Italy. I was a little sad about not talking to my kids, but I did get a couple of texts.
I must have been more impressed with my vino bianco del casa than I was with my meal that night!
We stopped at a pizzeria, but this looks like the remains of risotto quattro formaggi -- sleeping pill in a bowl!

That was our last night in Tuscany. Tomorrow, the drive to Roma with a stop in Siena...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Our host Heidi said, "The town is Palazzuolo sul Senio, and you might have come back via Marradi, both famous for their sweet chestnuts."
And yes, *I* got car sick and no, it was not your driving. You are a total champ behind the wheel. It was the impossible hairpin turns!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You were in Italy more than 8 days, or you hid from everyone for about a week.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

accutane lawsuit